Degrees leading to SMTE Certification
The SMTE program supports the following degrees and students taking them. All the degrees below are in the College of Science and Technology except where noted. The individual programs, Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Environmental Science, and Mathematics, offer these degrees and courses.
- Science 4-8 teacher certification: BS in Environmental Science – Science Education Concentration
- Mathematics 4-8 teacher certification: BS in Interdisciplinary Studies (BSIS in the College of Education)
- BS in Biology – Life Science Education Concentration leading to the Life Science 8-12 teacher certification
- BS in Chemistry – Physical Science Education Concentration leading to the Physical Science 8-12 teacher certification
- BS in Computer Science – Computer Science Education Option leading to the Computer Science 8-12 teacher certification
- BS in Mathematics leading to the Mathematics 8-12 teacher certification
- Mathematics 8-12 teacher certification is also possible with an undergraduate major other than mathematics. Details immediately follow the BS in Mathematics listing.
In addition to the above degrees, the SMTE Program offers courses in support of
- All BSIS degrees leading to EC-6 and All-level certification