Iltai (Isaac) Kim, Ph.D.
Department of Engineering
- Nano-bio-chemical sensing and micro/nanoscale thermal-fluids using nano-biophotonics and engineering
- Portable lab-on-a-chip in UAV and ROV chemical sensing and subsea leak detection
- Energy conversion such as energy harvesting, thermophotovoltaics, and light emitting diode (LED) nanowire applications
- Ultra-sensitive, super-resolution, and three-dimensional surface plasmon resonance imaging coupled with ultrafast and nanoscale scanning for sensing and point-of-care device development
- Hyperbolic metamaterials, perfect absorption, and plasmonics
- Thermo-fluidic analysis, computational fluid dynamics (CFD), mechanical design, and experiments: reheating furnace, heat exchanger, combustion device, and others