These are some random pieces of information that you may, or may not, want to know about me...
Well, as you may already know... My name is Amanda Marquez although some people call me Mandy.This is my ninth year teaching in the First Year Learning Communities Program. I graduated with an MA in History in the Spring 2011 at TAMU-CC. I graduated with my B.A. in History with a minor in English in the Fall of 2007 and trained to teach High School Social Studies. When I am not teaching, I work on my husband's fishing boat and do different types of historical research! :)
Scroll down to know more, if you are interested.:)
- I LOVE studying History and Herstory :)
- I am very supportive of social justice causes.
- I am a Sagittarius.
- My favorite musicians/bands are The Doors, Tom Waits, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Hendrix, Norah Jones, Janis Joplin, Billie Holiday, Stevie Ray Vaughn, M.I.A. Public Enemy, Tribe Called Quest, and many, many others...
- I LOVE to read (mostly history books although I do enjoy horror novels on occasion)
- My heroes: my parents, Gloria Anzaldua, Rudolfo Acuņa,Bayard Rustin, Cesar Chavez, Che Guevara, Dolores Huerta,Emma Perez, William Appleman Williams, John Waters,and George Carlin.
- Pets: Click on the link to see the cutest gatito in the whole wide world... at least in my own humble opinion!
- I am very superstitious.
- I love nature... camping, fishing and hiking.
- I love the smell of old books. (Yeah, I know that is kind of gross.)
- I am addicted to mostly all of the Vh1 and Bravo TV reality shows. I also LOVE the TV show The Golden Girls and Law and Order Special Victims Unit!.(Please don't judge me too harshly.)
- Favorite films: The Godfather, It Happened One Night,The Blues Brothers, Forrest Gump, Music and Lyrics, Desperado, anything by Pedro Almodovar, Clash of the Titans(the old campy version from the late 70s), Sicko, E.T.,Nights of Cabiria,Forgetting Sarah Marshall, Some Like it Hot,The Dirty Dozen, Duck Soup, Moonstruck... and many, many others!
- And most of all, I LOVE TEACHING!! Teaching is my passion and I look forward to working with and learning from each and every one of you this semester!