Like your Islander Email Account, activating your Blackboard account is extremely important. Blackboard is a useful tool Drs. Wooster and Munoz utilize in order to post lecture slides, student grades and important notices and messages related to the learning community.
The following link will direct you to set up your Blackboard Account that you will need for your History course: https://iol.tamucc.edu/ Below I have included a set of instructions to help guide you through the process.
Step by Step Set-up Instructions:
(1) Go to https://iol.tamucc.edu
(2) Once you open the page, you will see a box that says, Island Online Login. Click on the link, "I am a new user." You will be directed to a series of Frequently Asked Questions. Scroll down to the set of questions under Student. Select the questions that asks: How do students find out about their IOL accounts?
(3)A link will appear that says: http://newuser.tamucc.edu. Once you open that link, select Island Online Blackboard from the list of options. NOTE: In order to complete the registration process, you must know your A#,that's the number that looks like this: A000123456. Then enter your date of birth with no slashes,12431991.
(4) At this point, you should be registered. Wait at least five minutes before attempting to log on. Once your account is fully activated, you will see the courses you are registered for listed.
(5) To log in to Blackboard, you will need to use your Net Id and Password (which is the username and password you use to log on to campus computers.)
If you still having difficulty and are in need of assistance:
- By Phone:
- 361-825-2825 (Local)
- 1-866-353-2491 (Long Distance)
- By E-mail:
- Hours of Operation:
- 8:00 A.M. to 12:00 A.M. Everyday (U.S. Central)