Running Reacting to the Past: Guidelines & Rules
- Questions, comments, concerns?
- Any concerns about Writing Project #2 - your Position Paper/Speech?
- Delivering effective speeches- practice time!
- Ground Rules for Discussion
- RTTP: A Student's Perspective
- The exercises you have completed in all of your learning community courses thus far have reinforced the idea that a close reading/analyses of the reading material, sharing ideas during class discussion will serve you well when we begin the Game. Mastering the basics will help you provide credible(legit)evidence to strengthen your argument in your own writings and speeches and to advance your character's views/cause in the game.
- Make sure to be informed about the Reacting to the Past game. Read through the game packet/instructions and your ROLE SHEET and make sure that you are knowledgeable about YOUR CHARACTER and what your participation will entail. The character you will embody will determine the content of the speech you will write and give during the Greenwich Village game. See the Writing Project 2 assignment description for additional details.
- If you have concerns about your role or the assignment, please feel free to reach out to Profs. Bray, Costanzo and myself for guidance.
- Make sure and have an electronic version of your WP#2 with you to Composition today! You will need it to complete the class activity with Prof. Bray!
- And as always, please feel free to come by and visit with Professor Bray and I to discuss Writing Project#2! We share the same office hours and are available to help. :)
- This Thursday, Feb. 22nd: Prof. Bray and I will be holding MANDATORY conferences with you in lieu of our regularly scheduled classes on that day.
- You will need to sign up in groups of FOUR. Here is the link to the schedule: LCK Conference Schedule
- The purpose of these conferences is for Prof. Bray and I to meet with you, hand back and discuss the feedback we provided on your Writing Project 2 draft.
- IF YOU HAVE NOT SIGNED UP FOR A TIME TO MEET WITH US, PLEASE EMAIL ME AND I WILL PUT YOUR NAME IN THE SCHEDULE.