Hello there, everyone!!
As you may already be aware, Ms. Marquez is NOT HERE TODAY. She is out due to a family emergency.
In lieu of our class meeting today, you have an assignment you will need to complete TODAY! You will need to submit this assignment in Blackboard. Completing this assignment will count toward your attendance and participation grade for today. Not completing the assignment will count as an absence.
Using the attached template below and your History 1302 lecture notes, I would like for you to draft a detailed response to Prompt #1 on the exam study guide. Be thorough in your discussion and offer specific evidence/examples where appropriate.
Respond to the prompt as fully as possible. Drafting your response now, will ensure that Your first draft will not happen on the day of the exam! You will submit the assignment via the UCCP 1102 Blackboard page by 5pm today.
- Make sure and use the basic research you started in Composition to help you start thinking about how you will approach your first major writing assignment Writing Project 1: The Rhetorical Analysis.
- Make sure to be informed about the Reacting to the Past game. Read through the game packet/instructions and make sure that you are knowledgeable about what your participation will entail. The character you will embody will determine which primary source document you will analyze for Writing Project 1: The Rhetorical Analysis.
- If you have concerns about your role or the assignment, please feel free to reach out to us.
- Please feel free to come by and visit with Professor Bray and I to discuss your first major writing assignment! We share the same office hours! :) Writing Project 1: The Rhetorical Analysis.
- Your second Reacting to the Past reading quiz will be on Thursday, February 15th and will cover the topic of The Spirit of the New Part III of your Reacting to the Past: Greenwich Village textbook. The quiz will be given at the beginning of Seminar. Be on time in order to have the most time possible on the quiz. The quiz will be multiple choice. If you have questions about the reading, feel free to stop by during office hours for guidance!
- If you do not have copies of the textbooks for HIST 1302, Give Me Liberty or for English 1302 Naming What we Know' both are available on Course Reserve at the library. You will need your Sandollar ID card to check out the books. Simply go to the main desk and give the title of the text or name of the class(Ex: HIST 1302, ENGL 1302) to the front desk attendant. You will be able to check the books out for up to three hours.