Good afternoon, everyone!
- Questions, comments, concerns?
- Let's take RTTP Reading Quiz #2! This multiple choice quiz will cover material over Labor and Labor Movements from pages 31-50 of the Greenwich Village text. You will have 20 minutes to take the quiz, don't rush- read the answer choices carefully!
- Let's take some time and discuss Writing Project 1: The Rhetorical Analysis
- What exactly are you writing about ? What is the purpose?
- The exercises you have completed in all of your learning community courses thus far have reinforced the idea that a close reading/analyses of the reading material, sharing ideas during class discussion will serve you well when we begin the Game. Mastering the basics will help you provide credible(legit)evidence to strengthen your argument in your own writings and speeches and to advance your cause in the game.
- Tuesday, February 13th: BOTH SEMINAR AND COMP MEET IN THE LIBRARY INSTRUCTION ROOM ON THE 2ND FLOOR (Room 216A). DON'T GO TO OUR REGULAR CLASSROOMS. WE'LL COMBINE FOR THE LIBRARY SESSION!
- Tuesday, Feb. 13th- THE FINAL DRAFT OF WP 1 IS DUE AS A PRINTED COPY NO LATER THAN 12:30 ON TUESDAY FEB. 13 BEFORE OUR LIBRARY SESSION BEGINS. THIS SHOULD BE A PRINTED, STAPLED VERSION COMPLETE WITH A WORKS CITED LIST. Per LCK policy, NO LATE WORK WILL BE ACCEPTED. (For real.)
- Please come by office hours or make an appointment for additional guidance and feedback on your work. We are here to help! :)
- NOTE: If you are considering asking for an extension on WP1??, per LCK's extension policy, you must request an extension to Ms.Bray and I via email by 12:30pm on Sunday, February 11th. In your email, you must provide a reason for needing the extension and propose a new due date and time you will submit your final draft. You will need to provide a copy of the email with your final submission so that we will know an extension was granted.
- Make sure to be informed about the Reacting to the Past game. Read through the game packet/instructions and make sure that you are knowledgeable about what your participation will entail. The character you will embody will determine which primary source document you will analyze for Writing Project 1: The Rhetorical Analysis. This assignment counts in all THREE LC classes!
- If you have concerns about your role or the assignment, please feel free to reach out to us.
- Please feel free to come by and visit with Professor Bray and I to discuss your first major writing assignment! We share the same office hours! :) Writing Project 1: The Rhetorical Analysis.
- Your third Reacting to the Past reading quiz will be on Thursday, February 15th and will cover the topic of Spirit of the New on pages 51-67 of the Reacting to the Past: Greenwich Village textbook. The quiz will be given at the beginning of Seminar. Be on time in order to have the most time possible on the quiz. The quiz will be multiple choice. If you have questions about the reading, feel free to stop by during office hours for guidance!