Visits with Dr. Wooster and Prof. Bray!
Communicating and interacting with professors is an important part of college success. To encourage you to do this and perhaps remove some of the anxieties involved (I had these too!!!), sometime between this Monday (9/11) and Friday (9/15)you will (in groups of 4-5 and no larger/NO EXCEPTIONS) be going to visit Dr. Wooster and Ms. Bray in their offices.
Office hours are like an “open-house” with no appointments required. Faculty are available to visit with you and address any issues or concerns you may have. That being said, please do not get on your cell phone to avoid conversation with either of them. You are an adult and capable of having a conversation with them! Break through the awkwardness!
As I assigned this and recognize that it will cause you to mesh several schedules, you are not required to come and visit me. However, just as with any part of this semester, if you want to come and see me, I will be more than happy to chat with you! I am like a piece of furniture in this place, I am always there!
Where do we go?
- Dr. Wooster's office is in Faculty Center (FC) 269
- Prof. Bray's office is in Faculty Center (FC) 130
When do we go?
Dr. Wooster's office hours are:
Due to additional professional obligations, Dr. Wooster had to change his office hours for your visits. Here is the updated list.
- Monday, Sept. 11 9-9:45; 5:30-6:45
- Wednesday, Sept. 13 11-11:45; 1-3
- Friday, Sept. 16 9-9:45; 11-11:45
Prof. Bray's office hours are:
- Tuesdays: 3:00-4:00PM
- Wednesdays: 1:00–3:00PM
- Thursdays: 2:00-4:00PM; and by appointment
NOTE DR. WOOSTER'S HOURS ARE VERY SHORT-SO DON'T WAIT TILL THE LAST MINUTE.:)
What do we do once we're there?
The goal is to meet your professors and learn a little about more about them. Look around their offices and ask them some questions. These questions can be about class, college, the upcoming quiz/exam, or anything that interests you (i.e. our sports team, favorite historical figure, field of study, whatever).
Ok we went, what now?
After your visits, answer the following questions below that describes your trip.
- Were you nervous? Was it as bad as you thought?
- What were their offices like? (clean, messy, artwork, pleasant, dark, layout, etc.)?
- What did you/your group ask of them? What were their responses?
- Do you think this experience made it any easier to go see an instructor if you need/want to?
This assignment must be complete and turned in at the beginning of Seminar on Monday, September 18th
Hint: After I have given you credit for this activity, keep a copy of this assignment, you might want to use it for your Learning Community E portfolio which we will discuss later. :)