Habits of Mind
The National Writing Project identifies eight habits of mind essential for success in college writing and college success—ways of approaching learning that are both intellectual and practical and will support YOUR success in a variety of fields and disciplines:
- Curiosity: the desire to know more about the world.
- Openness: the willingness to consider new ways of being and thinking in the world.
- Engagement: a sense of investment and involvement in learning.
- Creativity: the ability to use novel approaches for generating, investigating, and representing ideas.
- Persistence: the ability to sustain interest in and attention to short- and long-term projects.
- Responsibility: the ability to take ownership of one’s actions and understand the consequences of those actions for oneself and others.
- Flexibility: the ability to adapt to situations, expectations, or demands.
- Metacognition: the ability to reflect on one’s own thinking as well as on the individual and cultural processes used to structure knowledge.
HOW HAVE YOU DEMONSTRATED THESE HABITS OF MIND THIS SEMESTER? :)