Some Chronology practice (with a twist)!
Some tips on how to study for chronologies...
Now for some practice...
- Get into your Writing Groups!
- Take out your lecture notes.
- Each group has been given a topic, term, concept, event that is associated with the chronologies you will need to complete on the exam.
- Take a few minutes and try to locate that topic, term, concept in your lecture notes. Once you find it, circle it or highlight it!
- In your groups,you will need to place the events in the order in which they occurred.
- If you need help, I will be moving around the room to answer questions!
- When your group has come to a decision on the order of your events, please share your chronology on the board.
- The Twist: YOU MUST WRITE A SHORT PARAGRAPH EXPLAINING THE CAUSES OF THE EVENTS AND THEIR EFFECTS. In other words, tell the story of how these events unfolded. To help you get organized: Exam 2 Practice Chronologies
- As each group writes their set and explanation on the board, I would encourage you to write this down!
- Class discussion! THESE CHRONOLOGY SETS ARE BY NO MEANS COMPLETE. THEY ARE MERELY A STARTING POINT FOR YOU TO BEGIN PREPARING FOR THIS SECTION OF THE EXAM!!