Welcome to Spring 2018!
Learning Community K: Rebels, Rabble-rousers and Rhetoric!
History 1302 & First-Year Seminar & and Writing and Rhetoric
Learning Community and Course Introductions
- Who am I? How did I get here?
- What is UCCP 1102?
- My Role as your Seminar instructor
- Meet your Learning Community K instructors!
- Brief review of the syllabus and exploration of my wiki page
- Get into groups with the people on the list! Yes, we are doing this already. :)
- Introduce yourselves!
- Best Practices Spring 2018
- Getting to know a little about you...
Announcements and reminders: (FYI: Homework and important information will always appear at the bottom of mine and Professor Bray's daily class plans!)
- Before we go, I have an assignment I need for you to complete before next class, Thursday, January 18th!(Your response may be typed or handwritten. Responses will be picked up at the BEGINNING of Seminar!)
Answer the following questions below, in paragraph form. Elaborate and explain as much as possible.:
- Other than class assignments, what kinds of things do you write or have you written?
- What piece of writing are you most proud of?
- How does writing make you feel and why?
- What are some social issues, current event topics and interests that you are passionate about?
Professor Bray and I will be reading and providing feedback to your responses. (Hint: This assignment may prove to be useful as we progress through the LC writing assignments this semester. Just sayin')
- EMAIL US IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS! Our email addresses are on your syllabus. Don't hesitate to reach out to us if you have a question or concern, we are here to help!