Looks like some folks have got a case of the Muesdays...
- Questions, comments, concerns?
- Let's take RTTP Reading Quiz #1! This multiple choice quiz will cover material from pages 16-30 of the Greenwich Village text. You will have 15-20 minutes to take the quiz, don't rush- read the answer choices carefully!
- An Experiment in Group Think!
- A Challenge for you all!
- * So, how does this relate to this Reacting to the Past thing you all have heard so much about?
- Let's break it down!
- RTTP: A Student's Perspective
- The exercises you have completed in all of your learning community courses thus far have reinforced the idea that a close reading/analyses of the reading material, sharing ideas during class discussion will serve you well when we begin the Game. Mastering the basics will help you provide credible(legit)evidence to strengthen your argument in your own writings and speeches and to advance your cause in the game.
Reacting to the Past: Planning Time
- Today I will be distributing the official RTTP role sheet questionnaire. Please be honest and thorough in your responses. Dr. Costanzo, Professor Bray and I will use your responses to determine what role you will fulfill in the game. I will discuss the RTTP game in more detail and distribute your individual role sheets on Thursday, February 1st.
- Professor Bray and I will be discussing your first major writing assignment Writing Project 1: The Rhetorical Analysis in more detail this week.
- Make sure to be informed about the Reacting to the Past game. Read through the game packet/instructions and make sure that you are knowledgeable about what your participation will entail. Your individual role sheets will be distributed on Thursday, February 1st.The character you will embody will determine which primary source document you will analyze for Writing Project 1: The Rhetorical Analysis.
- Your second Reacting to the Past reading quiz will be on Tuesday, February 6th and will cover the topic of Labor and Labor Movements on pages 31- 50 of the Reacting to the Past: Greenwich Village textbook. The quiz will be given at the beginning of Seminar. Be on time in order to have the most time possible on the quiz. The quiz will be multiple choice. If you have questions about the reading, feel free to stop by during office hours for guidance!
- If you do not have copies of the textbooks for HIST 1302, Give Me Liberty or for English 1302 Naming What we Know' both are available on Course Reserve at the library. You will need your Sandollar ID card to check out the books. Simply go to the main desk and give the title of the text or name of the class(Ex: HIST 1302, ENGL 1302) to the front desk attendant. You will be able to check the books out for up to three hours.
- Two campus events you should consider attending:
- Spain Study Abroad Program General Meeting
- Tuesday, 1/30 at 7pm in the University Center Anchor Ballroom B
- Career Services Open House
- Wednesday, 1/31 from 9am- 3pm in the University Center Room 304
- University Scholarship Deadline: Thursday, March 1 2018
- Interested in becoming a member of the University Honors Program?
- Deadline to apply: Thursday, March 1st
- Here is the link to more information about the program: TAMU-CC Honors Program