Time to share what you know!!
I'm guessing that most of you know what a meme is. If not, here are some examples...
In small groups, you will have the rest of the class time to create TWO memes based on a key term/concept from HIST 1301. Look in your notes!
What you will need to complete this exercise:
- Your history lecture notes from Monday's class. You will base your meme according to the definition of your group's chosen terms/key concepts.
- Your creative brain juices to contribute to your group's work!
A word of advice: TAKE YOUR TIME, DO NOT RUSH. The more thoughtfully composed your memes are, the better they may help you to learn and retain your understanding of the material!
- Feel free to be creative (but PG-ish, please) with this! Do not be offensive, for real
- Your memes MUST be historically accurate with the content!
- Your memes MUST be witty! Show off that sense of humor of yours!
- Your memes MUST reflect your understanding of the material! Use your own ideas! Be original!(Don't google/use memes that already exist!)
When creating your memes make sure to address these questions:
- Who is your intended audience? ( Learning community professors, other students in your History class, etc.)
- What are you trying to get your audience to think, feel, believe, say and/or do?