Time to share what you know!!
I'm guessing that most of you know what a meme is. If not, here are some examples...
In small groups, you will have the rest of the class time to create TWO memes based on your assigned term.
What you will need to complete this exercise:
- Your history lecture notes from Monday's class. You will base your meme according to the definition of your group's assigned term.
- Your creative brain juices to contribute to your group's work!
A word of advice: TAKE YOUR TIME, DO NOT RUSH. The more thoughtfully composed your memes are, the better they may help you to learn and retain your understanding of the material!
- Find a meme generator or use one of these below:
If you have an existing Tumblr account and would prefer to use that, that is fine!
- Feel free to be creative (but PG-ish, please) with this! Do not be offensive, for real
- Your memes MUST be historically accurate with the content!
- Your memes MUST be witty! Show off that sense of humor of yours!
- Your memes MUST reflect your understanding of the material! Use your own ideas!(Don't google/use memes that already exist!)
When creating your memes make sure to address these questions:
- Who is your intended audience? ( Learning community professors, other students in your History class, etc.)
- What are you trying to get your audience to think, feel, believe, say and/or do?