- Who? 5-6 tribes participated
- What? Tribes come together to show a united front- Great Council
- When? Met annual basis
- Where? Upper New England
- Why is this concept significant? What was the point of Wooster talking about this in detail?
- Tribes were collectively united, women had indirect political power
Who? Old World to new world , Spanish, Dutch, ENG
What? goods, diseases, weapons, livestock, ideas, cultures
Where? New england region
Why is this significant? Helped est nation and global trade- diff process for both sides
- Who was he? English philosopher, social contract/ natural rights = "writing went out into the world and made things happen"
- What did he write that was influential? Life, liberty, property = MATERIAL POSSESSIONS AND POLITICAL RIGHTS
- When did he write his work? 1632-1700
- Why is he significant to American history? Thomas Jefferson - Dec.of Ind. The social contract- the people create the govt, in exchange we get protection of our natural rights- if that govt is not doing its job- we have the right of revolt