To get you thinking about your Rhetorical Analysis assignment for Composition...
- To get you thinking about your next assignment in Comp... the Rhetorical Analysis assignment!
- Rhetorical Analysis: A rhetorical analysis analyzes how an author argues rather than what an author argues. It focuses on what we call the “rhetorical” features of a text- the author’s situation, purpose for writing, intended audience, kinds of claims, and types of evidence to show how the argument tries to persuade the reader.( Taken from Rhetorical Analysis handout on Dr. Carstensen's Blackboard page)
- So, what is Dr. Carstensen asking you to do?
- The Rhetorical Analysis- AKA 1st Phase of the Research Process/Project
- To help you continue the brainstorming process...So, what is the controversy about?
On the other half sheet, answer the questions below. There are no right or wrong answers, I just want to hear what you think.
- What historical events, social issues, social movements does Beyoncé invoke in the video?
- Does she have the credibility to discuss these? Why or why not?
- What argument is she making? Is there one?
- A Formation Nation?
- So, how might this connect to your rhetorical analysis? Thoughts? Ideas?