Welcome back to Polly's, Greenwich Villagers and Friends!!
Bohemia Has it's day! (The time has come for the Bohemians/Villagers/Indeterminates to present their perspectives!)
- Section 441: Irma, JT, Vince, Mo, Bri, Caleb, Randall
- Section 440: Holly, Savannah, Nick, Daniel, Bri T., Naomi, Matthew, Amy
Section 441 (12:30 class) panels:
- Panel 1: Margaret Sanger, Charlotte Perkins Gilman , Crystal Eastman
- Panel 2: Floyd Dell, Randolph Bourne,
- Panel 3: John Sloan, Hutch Hapgood
Section 440 (2:00 class) panels:
- Panel 1: Margaret Sanger, Charlotte Perkins Gilman
- Panel 2: Crystal Eastman, Randolph Bourne,May White Ovington
- Panel 3:Floyd Dell, Hutch Hapgood, Emma Goldman
As the Bohemians present their views, all players (and audience members) will need to be making note of the following:
- All players must respond with questions and comments!
- As you listen to their speeches, you need to make note of the following:
- Listen carefully to the issues that Bohemians care about! Unlike previous sessions, Villagers will convey their wishes to the factions in the hope that the factions will add bohemian/feminist ideas to their current positions. FACTIONS, PAY ATTENTION TO THE CHALLENGES PRESENTED TODAY!
- Faction members don't necessarily challenge Villagers, rather you should ask questions about their views for clarification.
- Decide with whom your group may never agree?
- Based on their speeches, who can, may and will or could influence YOUR ideas/beliefs in a significant way?
- What counterarguments might you be able to offer a Bohemian Villager? Be prepared to challenge them!
Reminders and announcements:
- Next time we meet, we will having a conversation in Mabel Dodge's salon. If you would like more time to speak at the after party at Polly's, after Mabel's evening (next class session), you need to submit a request to do so with Polly before you leave class! You must specify who will participate and the activity you wish to do. (Good opportunity to earn additional PIP's!)