Being American: US History to 1865
HIST 1301: Dr. Eliza Martin
- I've taught Seminar for HIST 1301 for 6 years. I KNOW this class :)
- I've been a regular member of Triad E for 6 years! I KNOW this learning community :)
- What's Amanda's advice for succeeding in Dr. Martin's class?
- GO TO CLASS!
- Pay attention and take GOOD notes because...
- THE LECTURE NOTES ARE (for the most part) YOUR TEXTBOOK!
- Do the AND study guides!
- You will have two novels you will be reading this semester that will play an important role in your triad experience!
5. Do your best on all assignments and exams - EVERYTHING counts!
- Don't count on extra credit! She doesn't offer any!
ENGL 1302: Professor Chimene Burnett
- I've worked with Ms.Burnett at TAMU-CC since 2012!
- What to expect:
- Writing, writing about writing, and the writing processes
- Introduction to rhetoric, argumentation, academic reading, academic research, and more writing!
- Triad E Portfolio= More writing!
Topic Five tips to do well in Ms. Burnett's class
1.) GO TO CLASS. Prove that you took her class!
2.) Ms. Burnett uses wiki and Blackboard. You will need to be familiar with both. ASK FOR HELP WHEN NEEDED! :)
3.) Ms. Burnett is a Writing Center consultant. You should definitely avail yourself of her hours at the writing center and/or her office hours. (We also have shared office hours at the same time. Need to see us both ? We can do that!)
4.) In class, don't be intimated to contribute to discussions on complex, controversial issues. These issues have historical roots, she is merely trying to help you make connections between the past and present.
5.) Do your reading and research!(It will help you become a more informed and responsible citizen.)