This is Frederick Douglass. He is a pretty big deal.
- Questions, comments, concerns?
- Section 250: AAMMJ will be leading discussion!
- A Memorable Speech: What is his argument?
- Let's read along!
- What reasons does Douglass offer to make the case that the Fourth of July is not meant for the American slave?
- What evidence does he provide that this is in fact is the case?
- How/where does he use ethos, pathos and logos?
- What about William Lloyd Garrison? Who was he? Why does his perspective matter?
- Selections from CV - A Writing Exercise
- So, how does Douglass and Garrison's perspective on slavery help shape our understanding about the abolitionists point of view?
Announcements and reminders:
- My office hour today has been moved from 1-2 pm. Please come by if you need anything! :)
- You will meet in the CASA Writing Center on Wednesday for Comp! It's an instructional session you DON'T want to miss! What they have planned will help you to develop your argumentative essays!
- Next facilitations: Wednesday, April 15th!
- Sec. 253:Marky mark and the Funky Bunch
- Your group will need to meet with me by tomorrow afternoon to discuss what you have planned. Make sure to make an appointment with me before you leave class today! :)
- What is coming due in Triad C... mark your calendars!
- 4/17: Exam Three review guide
- 4/20: First submission of Writing Project 4 will be due at the beginning of Comp! Ms. Bray and I will provide substantive feedback on these drafts! These drafts with our comments will be given back 5/4 as you turn in your third exam. Do not wait for our feedback to continue working on your paper! Come by our shared office hours or make an appointment if you would like guidance! :)
- 4/27-4/29: Group Research presentations begin! Comp and Seminar will combine on BOTH class days. We will inform you of where will be meeting on those days very soon! Be in the loop!
- 5/1: First-Year Research conference: Will be held in Island Hall. You must attend and evaluate at least one 45 minute panel. You will turn these in on 5/4, the day of your third exam! The evaluation forms will be provided at the conference. Completing these evals will replace a missed homework grade in comp and seminar!
- Also, on this day, there will be an optional exam review in large lecture from 11-11:50. Please attend if you have questions about exam content!
- 5/4: EXAM 3
- 5/8: Triad C Final Portfolio due by 1:30 pm to CI 138 (the large lecture hall)
- If you are submitting via wiki, you must upload your FINAL version of your portfolio by that time. All of your links and documents must be able to be opened in order to receive credit. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- SI Sessions with Mr. Sheffield!
- Monday 4:00-4:50 pm Island Hall 163
- Tuesday 5-5:50 pm EN 104
- Wednesday- 12:30-1:30pm Bay Hall 104
- Office hours: Monday 12:30-1:30, Wednesday 3:30-4:30pm
- Location: Glasscock Room#107
- A new student organization that you might be interested in!
- TAMUCC Pride Alliance
- As professionals in training, it is important that by participating in organizations like this, you can make this become part of your university education! Be informed!