Compinar- in-class presentations!
Seminar and Composition will combine classes for in-class presentations TODAY and WEDNESDAY! If you are scheduled to present, please arrive early and be prepared! Here is the link to the presentation schedule: SCHEDULE
We won't meet in our regular classroom . Instead, we will have a joint meeting of Comp and Seminar in Lone Star A in the UC
Ms. Bray and I will be offering feedback on your boards and presentations during office hours, so please come by and chat with us! We are here to help!
Announcements and reminders:
- First Year Symposium is FRIDAY(11/20)! FYS will be held in the UC Anchor Ballroom.
- When? 9-4pm
- Where? UC Anchor Ballroom
- Here is the schedule: First-Year Symposium Schedule
- Please arrive a little early to set up and be prepared to present! You will need to arrange to bring a laptop with you when you present. Laptops will not be provided. If this is going to be an issue for any of you, please let us know ASAP!
- If you are in need, the SOAR Program has laptops available for rent. They are housed in the Glasscock Bldg.(CASA Bldg.)
- Make sure to take your portfolio in progress to Ms. Bray's class on Monday, Nov. 23rd!
- On Wednesday, Nov. 25th, Seminar and Composition will not meet! Large lecture WILL MEET!
- You will have an online assignment that will count in both History and Seminar! Hint: It has to do with your portfolio, get it done! :)
- Triad E Final Portfolio is due at the beginning of Large Lecture on Monday, Nov. 30th!
- Exam #3 is scheduled for Wednesday,(12/9)!
- SI Sessions with Daniel Yzaguirre
- Monday, Island Hall (IH) 160 4-4:50pm
- Wednesday, Science and Engineering (EN)104 5-5:50 pm
- Friday, Island Hall (IH) 160 2-2:50pm
- Show up prepared with your lecture notes, textbooks and most importantly- QUESTIONS! :)
- Make sure you plan to go to SI sessions weekly! It has been proven to help students increase their course grades by at least a letter grade!
AND... there is History tutoring available, too! CASA is providing free tutoring for HIST 1302! Sessions are Tuesdays (1pm-4pm) and Fridays (8am-9:50am) in CASA room 108B. -- Crystal Ballard is the new tutor. She is earning her M.A. in History and a colleague of mine. She is very skilled and knowledgeable!