This is Frederick Douglass. He is a pretty big deal.
Reminders and announcements:
- Profs. Bray, Wooster and I will not be on campus on Thursday(11/9) or Friday(11/10) of this week. We will be traveling to Chicago to present at the National Learning Communities Conference. Prof. Bray and I will be available via email should you have any questions or concerns.
- History Reading Quiz#6- Wednesday 11/8 will be over Chapter 9 Douglass vs. Garrison. The quiz will be taken in groups and in multiple choice format.
- Make sure to pay attention to how each man's personal experiences shaped their views of slavery and what types of WRITING each of them did to share their views with the public!
- Midterm grades have been posted on SAIL. Your course grade is based upon and calculated according to the grades earned on the following:
- Participation and attendance
- Writing Project #1
- History Quiz(taken at the beginning of the semester)
- History reading quizzes- average ( included 1 dropped quiz grade, you have 2 remaining for the semester)
- Your averages have been posted on Blackboard this afternoon. Please DO NOT hesitate to come and see me if you have questions or concerns about your grade in History and Seminar! I am more than willing to sit down with you and discuss your grades.
- Make-up Exam day- Friday, November 10th
- Large lecture will not meet on this day. If you do need to take the make-up exam, you will need to get a letter of permission from me or Wooster to take your missed exam on that day.