It's Week 12! (Eek! Where has the time gone?)
- I will be reviewing your FYS tri-fold mock-ups on Wednesday, Nov. 11th!
- You will need to bring a "shitty rough draft" / mock up of your First-Year Symposium tri-fold with you to class. Bring some images, decorations and pieces of text you plan to use on your board. DO NOT GLUE ANYTHING TO YOUR BOARD YET!
- Your final Expository WP3 for Triad E is due Friday (11/13)!
- This week- Thursday and Friday- Ms. Bray and I will not be on campus. We are going to be at the National Learning Communities Conference in Kansas City, MO. We will be available via email. Ms. Bray will provide a specific set of instructions to submit your Final WP3? on Blackboard by the start of your Composition class time on Friday, 11/13!
- Ms. Bray and I will be combining classes next week on Monday(11/16) AND Wednesday(11/18)to view your in-class presentations! Here is the rubric we will use to grade your presentations: Oral Visual Presentation Rubric
- Sections 242 & 243:on Monday 11/16, we will be meeting in the UC Lone Star 142C straight through from 12pm - 2pm'
- Sections 242 & 243:on Wednesday 11/18, we will be meeting in the Library Instruction lab on the 2nd floor from 12-2pm.
- First Year Symposium is next week, Friday Nov. 20th!
- Thursday, Nov. 26th and Friday, Nov. 28th- no classes due to Thanksgiving Holiday!
- Triad E Final Portfolio is due at the beginning of Large Lecture on Monday Nov. 30th!
- Exam #3 is scheduled for Wednesday,(12/9)!
- SI Sessions with Daniel Yzaguirre
- Monday, Island Hall (IH) 160 4-4:50pm
- Wednesday, Science and Engineering (EN)104 5-5:50 pm
- Friday, Island Hall (IH) 160 2-2:50pm
- Show up prepared with your lecture notes, textbooks and most importantly- QUESTIONS! :)
- Make sure you plan to go to SI sessions weekly! It has been proven to help students increase their course grades by at least a letter grade!