Rebels and Rhetoric
- Take out a sheet of paper.
- "We write to think." (NWWK 1.1)
- Let's take a few minutes and analyze this image.
- Who is the intended audience?
- What is the artist's purpose? What are they trying to get their audience to think, feel, believe, say and/ or do?
- What is the artist's message? In what ways has the message changed over time?
- Turn to the person next you and share your analyses.
- Open class discussion.
- Let's "unpack" what is meant by the phrase, "Writing is a Social and Rhetorical Act"