- Elizabeth Cady Stanton: A Brief Bio
- Seneca Falls Convention, 1848 - a little backstory on the development of the women's rights movement and a little more on the influence of the Abolitionist Movement on the struggle for women's rights.
- Let's take a few minutes and analyze a little something to get your ideas flowing...
- What message/argument is made in this video? How does the artist use visuals effectively?
- What specific personal, social, and cultural issues (grievances) does the artist put out there for the audience to be made aware of?
- What does it mean to "get in formation"?
Let's examine the original call for ladies to get in formation... aka "Declaration of Rights and Sentiments"
- Get into groups!
- Read the excerpts from the primary source provided. READ ONLY THE PORTION ASSIGNED TO YOUR GROUP
- Answer the questions provided in the envelope (to the best of your ability) on a sheet of paper. Make sure all of your group members names are on it!
- Class discussion!