- Who? /What? European nations, limited amount of wealth in world, favorable balance of trade, first- come/first serve- ENGL AND SPAN
- When? 16th century, new world settlement
- Where? NW, colonies
- Why did Wooster spend so much time discussing this? Shaped the econ of the time period, helped explain NA mistreatment, conflicting systems/cultures, created an ecological change
- Who/what? Europeans made contact with the Indians, devastating with disease when traded.Ex. Smallpox. Foods, weapons, alcohol, horses.
- When? 1500s
- Where? New World
- Why is this important? A lot of indian population died because of this exchange, but indians gained advanced technology.
- Why is Locke such an influential figure?