Group Research Presentations
Presentations are scheduled for TODAY from 11am-12:15pm in the University Center, Jetty Room 123! Everyone needs to arrive at 11 am. Presentations will begin promptly at that time.
Presentations - FYRC
11am-12:15pm: UC, Jetty Room 123
- 11:00: Stem Cell Research
- 11:20: Abuse of Power
- 11:25 - "Straight out of Patience" For Injustice
- 12:15 - Trump Isn't Right & Neither is the Media
Looking ahead in LCB:
- Group Research Presentations are scheduled for Tuesday, April 23rd, 11am-2pm-----UC, Anchor Ballroom C.
- Thursday, April 25th- First-Year Research Conference - in the Univerisity Center Anchor Ballrooms (A, B, C, D), 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. You are expected to attend as audience members and complete a presentation evaluation form. You will need to turn in those evaluations to my office- FC 121. Completing a thorough evaluation can replace an absence in Seminar. You should also attend to support your fellow Learning Community B students who are presenting at the conference! #RepresentLearningCommunityB
- Tuesday, April 30th- Last day of class! :(
- Seminar and Writing and Rhetoric will combine classes that day. I will attend your regularly scheduled Writing class time. :)
- Thursday, May 9th - EXAM III is scheduled for the Final Exam Period 8-10:30 am
- Need help with Sociology? Go and see your Supplemental Instruction Leader and EARN Participation and Engagement Points!
- Name: Abi Hernandez
- Email: email@example.com
- Office Hour: Monday 10-10:50 am CASA Building Room 108 B
- Sessions meeting times/days/location:
- Monday 11-11:50 am CS 111
- Tuesday 4:00-4:50 pm CS 112
- Friday 10-10:50 am CS 114
- Weekly, students can earn up to 4 Participation & Engagement points by attending and actively participating in SI. The conditions are that you must arrive to the SI session on-time (stragglers are ineligible for points), stay for the session's entirety, and actively participate. You can never lose points. You can only earn them. We have eight more weeks to earn Participation & Engagement points. The goal is to accumulate 50 points over the entirety of the semester. Thus, regularly attending and actively participating in SI is in your best interest, as Learning Community participation (which includes P&E points) is worth 10% of your final grade in Sociology. Now you have two places to earn P&E points--in Sociology large lecture and in SI.