Hello there, everyone!!
As you may already be aware, Ms. Marquez is NOT HERE TODAY. She is ill.
In lieu of our class meeting today, you have an assignment you will need to complete TODAY! You will need to drop off this assignment at Ms. Marquez’s office (FC 121) by 5:00 pm. Slide your papers under the office door. Completing this assignment will count toward your attendance and participation grade for today.
Using the questions below, on a sheet of notebook paper (or you may type it, it is up to you), answer the following prompts in a couple of paragraphs:
* What are some of the most significant historical writings you've read this semester that you really connected with? How did this piece of writing change the way you view American history?
* What have you learned about your personal strengths and abilities as a student this semester? What are some of the most memorable learning experiences you have had in Learning Community E?
The take home quiz that will cover Chapter 11 Larkin vs. Alvarado has been placed in the tray outside of my office. Make sure to pick up a copy. Your completed quiz will be due on Tuesday, April 25th at the beginning of class.
Reminders and announcements:
- Need help with your Group Research Presentations? Come by and visit with Professor Bray and I during our shared office hours!
- FYRC presenters: We will need to begin scheduling group appointments with Ms.Bray and I NOW'. FYRC is scheduled for Thursday, April 27th. Make every effort to meet with your co-presenters and discuss a time (during or outside of office hours) you all can meet with us to review your PowerPoints? and to rehearse THIS WEEK. It is critically important for you to do this asap!
- Need some additional guidance on the material for History? Here is the Supplemental Instruction Schedule for our learning community this semester: Spring 2017 SI Schedule
Dates to keep in mind:
- Tuesday, April 25th- Group Research Presentations during COMPINAR! I will be joining you during your regular comp class time for your presentations!
- Here is the OFFICIAL presentation schedule: Group Research Presentation Schedule
- If your name is not listed- you need to go and see Ms. Bray as soon as possible to get the issue resolved. It is your responsibility to reach out to her and do so. Remember, these presentations count in all three LC classes!
- Thursday, April 27th- First Year Research Conference! Comp and Seminar will not meet- HISTORY 1301 WILL! You will need to attend and evaluate at least ONE 45 minute panel. Evaluation sheets will be provided at the conference. You can replace ONE absence in Seminar for doing so. You will need to drop these eval forms to my office on that day!
- Tuesday, May 2nd: Your Learning Community E Portfolio will be due at the beginning of large lecture. NO LATE WORK WILL BE ACCEPTED.
- Professor Bray and I will be in large lecture that day to collect them. Remember, we are willing to read/review drafts before you submit the final version! Just a heads up!
- Your graded Learning Community E Portfolio will be returned to you on Tuesday, May 9th in large lecture after you complete Exam 3.
- Tuesday, May 9th-- EXAM III will take place from 1:45-4:15 pm during the final exam period in the regular large lecture classroom.