Let's talk visual rhetoric! (Just tryin' to help you out with WP 3!)
- Questions, comments, concerns? .
- Section 256/254: A Special Guest, Former LC E Student Sam Vasquez!
- Sam will share her process as a creative writer to produce her WP 3 Genre!
- Writing Project Three Workshop!
- Let's review the concept of Visual Rhetoric...
- What kind of genre are you considering for your WP3 ?
- How will you make your argument/stance clear in your blog, website, social media campaign, op-ed piece, pamphlet?
Reminders and announcements:
- Need help with WP 3? Come by and visit with Professor Bray and I during our shared office hours!
- Summer/Fall Registration 2017 with Shelby and Alex!
- Summer Fall class schedules here: http://banner.tamucc.edu/schedule/
- A little something to help you out: Summer and Fall 2017 Registration
- If you go and visit with Shelby or Alex about registration, I am going to offer 3 extra credit points to your Reading Quiz average at the end of the semester. Feel free to visit with them as often as you'd like, however, only 1 visit will earn you a maximum of 3 points. You MUST sign in with them on a sheet that will include your name, time and date and reason for your visit with them! Ms. Shoults and Mr. Grieme will be submitting these sign-in sheets to me on Tuesday, April 11th. Make every effort to go by and visit with them before then!
- 9 am and 10 am classes: Here is Shelby's contact information.
- 11 am and 12pm classes: Here is Alex's contact information.
- Make-up Exam day- TODAY!
- Large lecture will not meet today. If you do not need to take a make-up, the learning community instructors will have optional meetings with students during large lecture class time to discuss student's grades in the LC. If you do need to take the make-up exam, you will need to get a letter of permission from me or Wooster to take your missed exam. If you do not have to take the make-up exam, please DO NOT hesitate to come and see me if you have questions or concerns about your grade in History and Seminar! I am more than willing to sit down with you and discuss your grades. I will be holding office hours from 2-3:45 pm today.
- Friday, April 7th is the last day to drop a course for the semester! Make sure to visit with your professors before you decide to drop a course!
- Thursday, April 13th Quiz #6 -Chapter 9 Beecher vs. Stanton. This will be a group quiz. In order to earn the most points possible on this quiz, EVERYONE in your quiz group MUST bring notes from the reading with them. Any group member who does not do so, will result in a 2 point deduction from your overall quiz grade. Be prepared!
- Need some additional guidance on the material for History? Here is the Supplemental Instruction Schedule for our learning community this semester: Spring 2017 SI Schedule