Advocating for Change...
A "few" words about Writing Project #2...
- What social, economic and political problems could you consider researching that relate to your local milieu(immediate social environment)?
- For Writing Project#2 you are not limited to researching global/ national issues. Consider your local milieu.(Shout out to C. Wright Mills!)
- What issues matter to college students, citizens of Corpus Christi? What changes would you like to see made at TAMU-CC?
- The piece of writing you will produce for this project will ask that you advocate for some sort of social change, and you will be proposing a call to action to your readers. What are some relevant (local/national) issues readers would like to know more about?
Consider these issues above as you decide what topic you would like to pursue for this project!!
- Your very first Learning Community B In-Class Exercise is scheduled for TODAY!
- You will be completing a written exercise in class over the topic of Social Class. ( Per the syllabus, THERE WILL BE NO MAKEUPS FOR THESE EXERCISES. For real.) You will have 15-20 minutes to complete this exercise. Do not rush to finish this. You need to use the time allotted to do a thorough job. This writing exercise counts toward your Sociology and Seminar course grade!
Announcements and reminders:
- Next Tuesday, February 12th Prof. Bray and I will be combining both classes for a joint library session from 11-12:15 pm. We will be meeting in Computer Lab 216 A, on the 2nd floor of the library.
- Don't skip this library session. The session you will offer guidance on the research you will conduct for Learning Community B specifically. Both of us along with our fabulous librarian Ms. Jennifer Anderson will be present, providing more details about the research you will conduct and offering guidance on your selected topics! Be there and ready to research!
- Now that you have learned the fundamentals in studying Sociology which culminated in Writing Project#1, Dr. Araiza is now moving on to discussing Social Class- the next unit in the course.
- Dr. Araiza will be posting the next set of readings for Sociology this afternoon. Make sure to refer to the syllabus to be in the know about what pieces you need to make some time to do a close reading of these articles. As you read, take notes! Since Writing Project #1 served as your Exam 1, your first "traditional" exam (Exam 2) will center on the topic of Social Class!
- Need a break, to get out of the house? Go to these events! TAMU-CC Homecoming Events or TAMU-CC Black History Month Events!
- Need help with Sociology? Go and see your Supplemental Instruction Leader!
- Name: Abi Hernandez
- Email: email@example.com
- Office Hour: Monday 10-10:50 am CASA Building Room 108 B
- Sessions meeting times/days/location:
- Monday 11-11:50 am CS 111
- Tuesday 4:00-4:50 pm CS 112
- Friday 10-10:50 am CS 114