A Student's World... (Readin', Writing and Real Talk!)
Announcements and reminders:
- By our next class meeting, you have a short writing assignment to complete. This assignment will be due at the beginning of Seminar 1/22. You may hand write or type your responses to the questions below. Your response must be at least one page in length. Feel free to write more! ;)
- 1.) How would your describe yourself as a student? What are some of the strengths you have as a writer and person?
- 2.) What are you passionate about? What are some issues that you care about?
- 3.) How do you feel about writing and why?
Keep in mind:
- Follow Dr. Araiza's syllabus schedule to keep up with the readings! The list of readings/dates are on the last page of the syllabus. Be prepared next Tuesday to discuss C. Wright Mills' piece "The Promise". All of the readings can be found on the SOCI 1301 Blackboard page. We will spend some time in Seminar next Tuesday discussing this reading.
- For Seminar next Tuesday 1/22, make sure that you bring an electronic device of your choice(tablet, laptop, phone) with you to class. You will need it to participate in the activity I have planned.
- Review Professor Bray's class plans on her wikipage to know what readings you need to complete before next week from the Naming What We Know' text.
- Make sure and take notes as you read for both sets of readings! Doing so will help you in the long run when it comes to major writing projects and exams. Just sayin'.