Writing is a Knowledge Making Activity, pt. II
- Questions, comments, concerns?
- Take out a sheet of paper and something with which to write. :)
- Rhetoric is Everywhere...
Announcements and reminders:
- My office hours for Tuesday 1/29 will be from 2-3 pm. I will hold an additional office hour on Friday 2/1 from 10-11 am to accommodate those of you that planned to come by.
- Make sure to bring in a printed copy of your Shitty First Draft of Writing Project#1: Sociological Examination of A Student's World with you to Seminar next Tuesday 1/29. You will need it in order to participate in the activity I have planned. NOTE: You will also spend time in Writing and Rhetoric working with your shitty first drafts with the guidance of Prof. Bray. Be prepared!
Keep in mind:
- Follow Dr. Araiza's syllabus schedule to keep up with the readings! The list of readings/dates are on the last page of the syllabus. All of the readings can be found on the SOCI 1301 Blackboard page. Take notes as you read!
- Make sure you have read the following readings: "Panic: Myth or Reality?" and "Conflict Theory" as listed on the syllabus.
- We will spend some time in Seminar next Tuesday, 1/29 discussing the Conflict Theory piece!
- Review Professor Bray's class plans on her wikipage to know what readings she assigned from the Naming What We Know' text.
- Make sure and take notes as you read for both sets of readings! Doing so will help you in the long run when it comes to major writing projects and exams. Just sayin'.