As you may already be aware, Prof. Marquez is not here today.
You have an assignment you need to complete in lieu of class today that will prove to be helpful as you prep for Exam 2. This assignment will count toward your participation and attendance grade. The assignment can be found in the Seminar course Blackboard page under the link on the left sidebar titled, LCB Assignments. This assignment will not be due until 12pm on Friday, March 29th.
Take the time to complete this assignment. It will help you make sense of the course readings in relation to the content of Dr. Araiza's lecture.
Announcements and reminders:
- Need help with Sociology? Go and see your Supplemental Instruction Leader!
- Name: Abi Hernandez
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office Hour: Monday 10-10:50 am CASA Building Room 108 B
- Sessions meeting times/days/location:
- Monday 11-11:50 am CS 111
- Tuesday 4:00-4:50 pm CS 112
- Friday 10-10:50 am CS 114
- Weekly, students can earn up to 4 Participation & Engagement points by attending and actively participating in SI. The conditions are that you must arrive to the SI session on-time (stragglers are ineligible for points), stay for the session's entirety, and actively participate. You can never lose points. You can only earn them. We have eight more weeks to earn Participation & Engagement points. The goal is to accumulate 50 points over the entirety of the semester. Thus, regularly attending and actively participating in SI is in your best interest, as Learning Community participation (which includes P&E points) is worth 10% of your final grade in Sociology. Now you have two places to earn P&E points--in Sociology large lecture and in SI.
- Friday, March 29th- Midterm grades for all of your LC B courses will post on SAIL/Blackboard. Please come by and visit with us if you have questions or concerns. These grades are NOT permanent and are intended to give you a sense of your performance so far this semester. Remember, you have only completed a portion of the coursework thus far, :) If you have questions about your midterm grade, please come and see me during office hours.
- Thursday, April 4th- EXAM II
- Friday, April 5th is the last day to drop a course for the semester! Make sure to visit with your professors before you decide to drop a course!