Blowout! Sal Castro and the Chicano Educational Struggle for Justice - Mario T. Garcia and Sal Castro
- Questions, comments, concerns?
- The next text we will read for HIST 1302 is Blowout!: Sal Castro and the Chicano Struggle for Educational Justice book by Mario T Garcia. To help you to begin thinking about the Chicano Movement. Chicano History is American History
- Section 442: Bring your latest draft of your Argumentative Essay to Seminar on Tuesday, Nov. 1st. You will need it to participate an in-class activity.
- (Mark your calendars: Remember, your Final Argumentative Essay for Composition is due Thursday, November 10th- that's exactly two weeks away! Bring a draft to our office hours, we would be glad to offer feedback or help you to continue writing!)
In preparation for the Third History Exam:
- Quiz #4 is Next Thursday, Nov. 3rd. You will need to have read Chapters 1, 2 and 4 by that date!
- Quiz #5 is Tuesday, Nov. 15th and will cover chapters 5,6, and 7.
- Reading schedule for Blowout!-- Introduction- read pages 7-13 to understand the historical background on the student walkouts and the Chicano Movement. You will need to have Chapters 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, and 7 read in order to be fully prepared for the 3rd History exam.
- Make an appointment with your advisors to help you with class registration for Spring 2017!
- Registration will pen up for you @midnight on Nov. 3rd/ Nov.4th. Be prepared!
- Electronic version of the Spring 2017 schedule is viewable on SAIL!
- Need some additional information on which learning community to choose for the Spring? - http://penguin.tamucc.edu/~rsperry/FYLCP/Spring2017/