The Language of Labor+ Progressivism
- Questions, comments, concerns?
Language of Labor
- Making sense of Marx... Part II!
- And now, let's examine Marx's words.
- What does it mean to be Progressive? What did it mean in 1900? Let's discuss!
- Let's keep it in the 1900s!
Reminders and announcements:
- Remember,Writing Project 1,your Rhetorical Analysis is due no later than 4pm TODAY. You will need to deliver your printed, stapled copy to Professor Bray's office, Faculty Center 135. Remember, Professor Bray cannot accept late work per our Triad M late work policy.
- MLA citations giving you a headache? Use the handy MLA Guide Professor Bray created for you to help you out. Triad M MLA Citation Guide - Use this to help you with peer review in Prof. Bray's class today!
- RTTP factions formations have been postponed! Your learning community professors would like for you to have more time to research your character and learn more about Greenwich Village, and the time period before you form factions. Faction Formation will take place on Thursday, October 5th.
- In preparation for next week's Seminar class meetings, you need to read the following pages from your Reacting to the Past: Greenwich Village gamebook pages 3-10 (which details the Game Mechanics), 13-50(Historical Background of Suffrage and Labor Movements) and 51-67(Background on Bohemia) by October 5th.
- You will need to have familiarity with the time period, the setting in which the game/debates will take place. These pages are CRITICAL to understanding your role in the game, how the game will be played, and the importance and goals of the factions. Based on your character, EVERYONE should read these pages. Doing so will help you gain a better understanding of the game and how to advance in it.
- Supplemental Instruction Sessions Fall 2017
- SI Leader: Jeffrey Schaffer
- Mondays: 1:00-1:50pm Island Hall 164
- Tuesdays: 3:00-3:50pm O'Conner 133
- Wednesdays 2:00-2:50 Center for Science 115
- Office hours: in the CASA building either in room 107 or 108.
- Mondays 2:00-3:50pm
- Wednesdays 3:00-4:50pm
- Fridays 12:00-1:50pm