- Questions, comments, concerns about the learning community? Questions about any of the issues/topics we discussed at our first class meetings?
- Hand in your writing assignment about YOUR writing! :)
- Rebels and Rhetoric?
- Rhetoric is defined as,"the art of speaking or writing effectively to influence and audience... the study of writing or speaking as a means of communication or persuasion..."
- So, how does this relate to this Reacting to the Past thing you all have heard so much about?
- Let's break it down!
- RTTP: A Student's Perspective
- The exercises you all completed today reinforce the idea that a close reading/analysis of the material will help you provide credible(legit)evidence to strengthen your argument in your own writings and speeches!
Reminders and announcements:
- If you do not have copies of the textbooks for HIST 1302, Give Me Liberty or for English 1302 Naming What we Know' both are available on Course Reserve at the library. You will need your Sandollar ID card to check out the books. Simply go to the main desk and give the title of the text or name of the class(Ex: HIST 1302, ENGL 1302) to the front desk attendant. You will be able to check the books out for up to three hours.
- On Friday, September 8th from 12-2pm The Department of Undergraduate Studies will be hosting an Ice Cream Social for all first-year students! Come on by for free ice cream and to find mine and Professor Bray's offices! :)