Thinking it through...
- Questions, comments, concerns?
- So, how are you all feeling about Writing Project 2?
- This Writing Project will due on Thursday, April 11th at the BEGINNING OF SOCIOLOGY.
- Use your Argumentative Outline to help you draft your Op-Ed. Please feel free to come by and share your "shitty"first drafts of the Op-Ed. We are happy to offer feedback.
- Some more "real world examples": Dr. Araiza's Op-Eds and Prof.Bray's Analysis of Araiza's Writing
- The Woman Rebel
- What concepts from Sociology lecture relate to our discussion today?
- Ticket out: With your presentation group partners, craft a possible essay question to help you prepare for the upcoming exam.
Announcements and reminders:
- On Thursday 4/4, the day of your 2nd Exam Writing and Rhetoric will not formally meet. Rather, in lieu of class we have a Self-Directed Activity that you must complete that will count toward your Participation/Engagement Grade in all three LC courses.
- Here is the assignment: Self Directed Activity #2
- This assignment will be due at midnight(11:59 pm) on the Seminar course Blackboard page. The assignment can be found under the LCB Assignments link on the left sidebar.
- Prof. Bray and I will have extended office hours on that day from 12-4 pm. Please do come by and visit with us if you have questions/concerns about Writing Project 2, your Group Presentations, etc. We are here to help you.
- Planning Ahead for the Summer/Fall semester? Here are a couple of documents to help you plan ahead!
- Midterm grades for all of your LC B courses will post on SAIL/Blackboard. Please come by and visit with us if you have questions or concerns. These grades are NOT permanent and are intended to give you a sense of your performance so far this semester. Remember, you have only completed a portion of the coursework thus far, :) If you have questions about your midterm grade, please come and see us during office hours.
- Thursday, April 4th- EXAM II
- Friday, April 5th is the last day to drop a course for the semester! Make sure to visit with your professors before you decide to drop a course!
- Need help with Sociology? Go and see your Supplemental Instruction Leader!
- Name: Abi Hernandez
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office Hour: Monday 10-10:50 am CASA Building Room 108 B
- Sessions meeting times/days/location:
- Monday 11-11:50 am CS 111
- Tuesday 4:00-4:50 pm CS 112
- Friday 10-10:50 am CS 114
- Weekly, students can earn up to 4 Participation & Engagement points by attending and actively participating in SI. The conditions are that you must arrive to the SI session on-time (stragglers are ineligible for points), stay for the session's entirety, and actively participate. You can never lose points. You can only earn them. We have eight more weeks to earn Participation & Engagement points. The goal is to accumulate 50 points over the entirety of the semester. Thus, regularly attending and actively participating in SI is in your best interest, as Learning Community participation (which includes P&E points) is worth 10% of your final grade in Sociology. Now you have two places to earn P&E points--in Sociology large lecture and in SI.