This is it, y'all! We made it!! (aka as Compinar)!
Learning Community B Spring 2019- Its a wrap!!
BOTH SECTIONS ARE MEETING FROM 11-12PM IN BH 103!! BE THERE! :)
- Questions, comments, concerns?
- Your feedback is important to us! If you have not completed your Course Evaluations or the FYLCP Survey, please do so! We can't improve as educators if we don't hear your constructive criticism and insights!
And the QR Code:
- Who wants to volunteer to share their biggest take- away from the semester? :)
- Your Learning Community B Portfolio is due at the beginning of Sociology on Tuesday, 4/30 NO LATE WORK ACCEPTED. NO EXCEPTIONS. FOR REAL.
- On Wednesday, May 1st- official office hours will end for all of your faculty. If you would like to meet with us during the final exam week, you will need to email us to make an appointment.
- Also as a professional courtesy, we will do our best to accommodate your request for an appointment, but please know that when classes end- faculty have meetings and other professional obligations during that time as well. Your patience and understanding are appreciated, while we are in our meeting/grading frenzy!
- Speaking of professional courtesy, faculty are doing their very best to assess your work consistently and fairly in the process of calculating your final grades and are given a very condensed period of time to do so. Since there are so many shared grades in LCB, we have worked diligently to ensure that they have been recorded accurately. We are aware of the deadlines that we must meet. Please avoid this when awaiting your final grades: Student Email During Finals - CONSIDER THE RHETORICAL SITUATION!
- Exam 3 is scheduled for May 9th during the Final Exam Period - 8:00-10:30 am.
- Use the Exam Review Materials page to help you prepare! And this document: Exam 3/Unit 4 Study Guide
- You will receive your graded LCB Portfolio when you submit your Exam 3.
- Need help with Sociology? Go and see your Supplemental Instruction Leader and EARN Participation and Engagement Points!
- Name: Abi Hernandez
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office Hour: Monday 10-10:50 am CASA Building Room 108 B
- Sessions meeting times/days/location:
- Monday 11-11:50 am CS 111
- Tuesday 4:00-4:50 pm CS 112
- Friday 10-10:50 am CS 114
- Weekly, students can earn up to 4 Participation & Engagement points by attending and actively participating in SI. The conditions are that you must arrive to the SI session on-time (stragglers are ineligible for points), stay for the session's entirety, and actively participate. You can never lose points. You can only earn them. We have eight more weeks to earn Participation & Engagement points. The goal is to accumulate 50 points over the entirety of the semester. Thus, regularly attending and actively participating in SI is in your best interest, as Learning Community participation (which includes P&E points) is worth 10% of your final grade in Sociology. Now you have two places to earn P&E points--in Sociology large lecture and in SI.
Abi will be hosting SI sessions during the final exam period- please check your Islander Email to know when those sessions are scheduled!
Now, "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined!" ~ Henry David Thoreau
It has been a pleasure working with and learning from each and everyone of you this semester! Best wishes to all of you and please keep in touch!