- Questions, comments, concerns?
- So, how did it go?
- Have you decided on your Game Assignment Teams SP 16?
- To get you thinking about your next assignment in Comp...
- So, what is the controversy about?
On the other half sheet, answer the questions below. There are no right or wrong answers, I just want to hear what you think.
- What historical events, social issues, social movements does Beyoncé invoke in the video?
- Does she have the credibility to discuss these? Why or why not?
- What argument is she making? Is there one?
- A Formation Nation?
- To help you brainstorm topics: http://learning.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/02/04/200-prompts-for-argumentative-writing/?_r=0
- Some feedback from you... :)
Reminders and announcements:
- You will need to have the entire Slave Ship book read by March 1st, you will need to have read Chapters 7-10! History Quiz#2 will be on that day! There are also readings posted on Blackboard you need to be familiar with as well! You will need to have copies of these readings handy to work with for large lecture this week! Be prepared!
- Seminar Quiz#3: Thursday, February 25th, will cover chapters 7,8 of the Slave Ship!
- History Quiz#2: March 1st
- NEW Supplemental Instruction Schedule
- SI leader: Daniel Yzaguirre
- Monday – 10:00am to 10:50am IH 267
- Tuesday – 6:00pm to 6:50pm OCNR 115
- Thursday – 5:00pm to 5:50pm OCNR 115
- Daniel's office hours: Tuesday – 2:00pm to 3:00pm CASA 108A, Wednesday – 10:00am to 11:00am CASA 108A and Thursday – 11:00am to 12:00pm CASA 108A