To- do Tuesday
- Questions, comments, concerns?
- Let's define some of the major concepts from lecture thus far: Key terms from lecture and reading- Spring 2019 B
- Note: Last Thursday Dr. Araiza stressed the importance of having operational definitions of terminology/concepts. Just trying to help you out!
- Did you remember to bring your "Shitty First Draft" of Writing Project 1?
- To help you to expand on your knowledge on different approaches to this project and to get a little more comfortable offering feedback anonymously... it's Round Robin Review Time!
- So, what did we learn from this?
- Take your writing with you to Writing and Rhetoric class. (You will need it to fully participate in class today!)
Announcements and reminders:
- My office hours for Tuesday 1/29 will be from 2-3 pm. I will hold an additional office hour on Friday 2/1 from 10-11 am to accommodate those of you that planned to come by.
- Please make use of mine and Professor Bray's shared office hours! We are more than happy to sit with you and discuss your writing and offer guidance on Writing Project#1: Sociological Examination of A Student's World . For real.
- Go to the Writing Center at CASA. Make sure to have the project description handy so that you and the writing center consultant can refer to it as you review/discuss your draft. Also, be sure to get a slip from the consultant documenting your visit.
Keep in mind:
- Follow Dr. Araiza's syllabus schedule to keep up with the readings! The list of readings/dates are on the last page of the syllabus. All of the readings can be found on the SOCI 1301 Blackboard page. Take notes as you read!
- Make sure you have completed the readings as listed on the syllabus thus far completed by this week. You will need to have a thorough understanding of these as you continue drafting Writing Project#1.
- Review Professor Bray's class plans on her wikipage to know what readings she assigned from the Naming What We Know' text and to know what you need to do in order to best prepare for class meetings.
- Make sure and take notes as you read for both sets of readings! Doing so will help you in the long run when it comes to major writing projects and exams. (Just sayin'.)
- Need help with Sociology? Go and see your Supplemental Instruction Leader!
- Name: Abi Hernandez
- Email: email@example.com
- Office Hour: Monday 10-10:50 am CASA Building Room 108 B
- Sessions meeting times/days/location:
- Monday 11-11:50 am CS 111
- Tuesday 4:00-4:50 pm CS 112
- Friday 10-10:50 am CS 114