Welcome back... now, where were we in Learning Community B?
Announcements and reminders:
- Seminar, Writing & Rhetoric will combine classes on Thursday, March 21st. I will attend your regularly scheduled Writing class time on that day. See Prof. Bray's plans if you want to know what we have planned for class that day!
- If you need further guidance on your research and support with the outline of your argument in preparation for Writing Project #3... here is the comprehensive list of research topics/notes I compiled at our group conferences, to help you narrow your focus/ issues to consider. LCB Research Topics Notes
- Come by and see us during office hours as you begin drafting the outline of your argument! :)
- If you would like to review your Exam I for a longer period of time, visit with Dr. Araiza during office hours to do so. You may also review the comments on your essay and discuss ways to better prepare for Exam 2!
- Need help with Sociology? Go and see your Supplemental Instruction Leader!
- Name: Abi Hernandez
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office Hour: Monday 10-10:50 am CASA Building Room 108 B
- Sessions meeting times/days/location:
- Monday 11-11:50 am CS 111
- Tuesday 4:00-4:50 pm CS 112
- Friday 10-10:50 am CS 114
From Dr. A: Weekly, students can earn up to 4 Participation & Engagement points by attending and actively participating in SI. The conditions are that you must arrive to the SI session on-time (stragglers are ineligible for points), stay for the session's entirety, and actively participate. You can never lose points. You can only earn them. We have eight more weeks to earn Participation & Engagement points. The goal is to accumulate 50 points over the entirety of the semester. Thus, regularly attending and actively participating in SI is in your best interest, as Learning Community participation (which includes P&E points) is worth 10% of your final grade in Sociology. Now you have two places to earn P&E points--in Sociology large lecture and in SI.
- Also, don't forget to reach out to your LCB Peer Mentor, Ms. Edie Jarldane.
- She has taken several courses with Dr. Araiza and is a Sociology major. She is part of our learning community and here to support you this semester.
- Contact information:
- Email: email@example.com
- Office Hours: Monday 8-10 am, Tuesday 1-2 pm, Wednesday 8-10 am, Thursday 1-2 pm, and Friday 8-10 am, 1-2 pm. CASA Room 108 A
Planning Ahead - Post Spring Break Life aka The Next 6 Weeks...