Announcements and reminders:
- If you need further guidance on your research and support with Writing Project #3... here is the comprehensive list of research topics/notes I compiled at our group conferences, to help you narrow your focus/ issues to consider. LCB Research Topics Notes in preparation for drafting your Op-eds!
- Come by and see us during office hours as you begin drafting Writing Project #3!
To help you earn more Learning Community Participation and Engagement Points:
- Need help with Sociology? Go and see your Supplemental Instruction Leader!
- Name: Abi Hernandez
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office Hour: Monday 10-10:50 am CASA Building Room 108 B
- Sessions meeting times/days/location:
- Monday 11-11:50 am CS 111
- Tuesday 4:00-4:50 pm CS 112
- Friday 10-10:50 am CS 114
From Dr. A: Weekly, students can earn up to 4 Participation & Engagement points by attending and actively participating in SI. The conditions are that you must arrive to the SI session on-time (stragglers are ineligible for points), stay for the session's entirety, and actively participate. You can never lose points. You can only earn them. We have eight more weeks to earn Participation & Engagement points. The goal is to accumulate 50 points over the entirety of the semester. Thus, regularly attending and actively participating in SI is in your best interest, as Learning Community participation (which includes P&E points) is worth 10% of your final grade in Sociology. Now you have two places to earn P&E points--in Sociology large lecture and in SI.
- Also, don't forget to reach out to your LCB Peer Mentor, Ms. Edie Jarldane.
- She has taken several courses with Dr. Araiza and is a Sociology major. She is part of our learning community and here to support you this semester.
- Contact information:
- Email: email@example.com
- Office Hours: Monday 8-10 am, Tuesday 1-2 pm, Wednesday 8-10 am, Thursday 1-2 pm, and Friday 8-10 am, 1-2 pm. CASA Room 108 A
Planning Ahead - Post Spring Break Life:
SOCI 1301 Exam Dates
- Thursday, April 4th- EXAM II
- Thursday, May 9th - EXAM III/ Make-up exams
Other important dates:
- Friday, March 22nd: First Year Research Conference Proposals due!
- Friday, March 29th- Midterm grades for all of your LC B courses will post on SAIL/Blackboard. Please come by and visit with us if you have questions or concerns. These grades are NOT permanent and are intended to give you a sense of your performance so far this semester. Remember, you have only completed a portion of the coursework thus far, :) If you have questions about your midterm grade, please come and see me during office hours.
- Friday, April 5th is the last day to drop a course for the semester! Make sure to visit with your professors before you decide to drop a course!