Investigating the past...
- Questions, concerns, issues?
- How are we all feeling about Writing Project 2?
- Have you selected your topic?
- Is there any concern about where you are going with this?
'''To help you understand what you are going to be doing in Writing Project 2... let's discuss a topic you have some familiarity with.
When the Past Speaks to the Present...
- A Controversial topic: Hemings and Jefferson
- Get into your Writing Groups!
- So, why do you think this story remains the subject of debate?
- What does this story say about American society in the 18th century?
- In recent weeks, this article has also been shared online and sparked a debate on a social media. Is this a credible source? Does it raise some valid points?
Announcements and reminders:
- On Thursday, March 9th Seminar will not meet at its regularly scheduled time. Composition and Seminar will be combining on that day. I will attend your regularly scheduled Composition class time. Please see Ms. Bray's class plans to see what we have planned for that day!
- Mark your calendars! History Reading Quiz#4 is scheduled for Thursday, March 9th. It will cover Contending Voices Chapter 7 Tecumseh vs. Harrison.
- For this quiz, you will be allowed to use your Contending Voices text or the notes you took over the chapter! (Hint: Make sure and read the chapter closely, you will need to apply your knowledge in a particular way!) You will take your reading quiz at the beginning of Compinar, be on time!
- Have you heard about First Year Research Conference?
- Friday, March 24th: Presentation/ Panel proposals due!
- Participating in FYRC is a unique opportunity for first- year students to share their scholarly work. It is one of the ways in which you can set yourself apart. Professor Bray and I are willing to offer guidance on the proposal process. Come and see us during office hours if you would like to know more!
- Need some additional guidance on Writing Project 2 ? Come by and see Ms. Bray and I during office hours! We are here to help!
- Tuesday, March 21st Writing Project 2 is due at the BEGINNING of Composition. You will submit your final drafts HARD COPY ONLY. Per LCE policy, NO LATE WORK WILL BE ACCEPTED. (For real.)
- Please come by office hours or make an appointment for additional guidance and feedback on your work. We are here to help! :)
- NOTE: If you are considering asking for an extension on WP2?, per LCE's extension policy, you must request an extension to Ms.Bray via email by 2pm on Sunday, March 19th. In your email, you must provide a reason for needing the extension and propose a new due date and time you will submit your final draft. You will need to provide a copy of this email with your final submission so that she will know an extension was granted.
- Need some additional guidance on the material for History? Here is the Supplemental Instruction Schedule for our learning community this semester: Spring 2017 SI Schedule