Welcome to Fall 2017!
Learning Community M: Rebels, Rabble-rousers and Rhetoric!
History 1302 & First-Year Seminar & and Writing and Rhetoric
Learning Community and Course Introductions
- Who am I? How did I get here?
- So, what is Seminar? What purpose does it serve for you?
- My Role as your Seminar instructor
So, what is a Learning Community?
- Meet your Learning Community M team of instructors!
- Brief review of the syllabus and exploration of my wiki page
Your first task: Getting to Know One Another
- Get into groups with the people on this list.
- In your groups, I would like for you to have a brief discussion using these prompts.
- Class discussion!
- Your last task:
Announcements and reminders: (FYI: Homework and important information will always appear at the bottom of mine and Professor Bray's daily class plans!)
- Before we go, I have an assignment I need for you to complete before next class, Thursday September 7th!(Your response may be typed or handwritten. Responses will be picked up at the BEGINNING of Seminar!)
Answer the following questions below, in paragraph form. Elaborate and explain as much as possible.:
- Other than class assignments, what kinds of things do you write or have you written?
- What piece of writing are you most proud of?
- How does writing make you feel and why?
- EMAIL US IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS! Our email addresses are on your syllabus. Don't hesitate to reach out to us if you have a question or concern, we are here to help!