Welcome to Spring 2016!
Triad C Learning Community:
Courage, Conviction, and Composition: the American Experience to the Civil War
History 1301 & UCCP 1102 & and Composition 1302
- Who Am I? How did I get here?
- What is UCCP 1102?
- Meet the Triad C team!
- Brief review of the syllabus and exploration of my wiki page
- Get into groups with the people on the list! Yes, we are doing this already. :)
- Introduce yourselves!
- Best Practices Spring 2016
- Getting to know a little about you...
Announcements and reminders:
- Before we go, I have an assignment I need for you to complete before next class, Monday 1/25!(Your response may be typed or handwritten. Responses will be picked up at the BEGINNING of Seminar on 1/25!)
Answer the following questions below, in paragraph form:
- What are three important lessons (either personal or academic) did you learn last semester at university? How will you apply them to this semester?
- What are you passionate about? (Social issues, interests, etc.)
- How do you feel about your writing? Why?
- Don't forget to read Chapter 1 in your Contending Voices textbook, pages 1-16. We will be discussing the chapter in Seminar next Monday! ;)