Compinar FYS Tri-fold Review!
- Questions, comments, concerns?
- Let's look at some boards! :)
- Some things to keep in mind when putting the finishing touches on your boards...
- Observations - pair and share!
- PROVIDE CONSTRUCTIVE FEEDBACK!!
- Some tips on in-class presentations...
- Presentations should be no longer than 6 minutes. Make sure your slides auto advance!
- Make sure to practice before you present! Doing this will ensure you are well-versed in your topic and can communicate your research clearly to your audience!
- Let's take a look at Essay Question 2!
- Let's apply what you know about the Market Revolution, Beecher and Stanton. :)
- Your final Expository WP3 for Triad E is due Friday (11/13)!
- Today is the last day to ask for an extension! Be sure to email us by the beginning of your Comp class time to request one!
- This week, on Thursday and Friday- Ms. Bray and I will not be on campus. We are going to be at the National Learning Communities Conference in Kansas City, MO. We will be available via email. Ms. Bray will provide a specific set of instructions to submit your Final WP3?. NO LATE WORK ACCEPTED.
- Ms. Bray and I will be combining classes next week on Monday(11/16) AND Wednesday(11/18)to view your in-class presentations! Here is the rubric we will use to grade your presentations: Oral Visual Presentation Rubric! Please see Ms. Bray's class plans to find out where and when we will be meeting and WHO will be presenting in class! :)
- First Year Symposium is next week (11/20)!
- Triad E Final Portfolio is due at the beginning of Large Lecture on Nov. 30th!
- Exam #3 is scheduled for Wednesday,(12/9)!
- SI Sessions with Daniel Yzaguirre
- Monday, Island Hall (IH) 160 4-4:50pm
- Wednesday, Science and Engineering (EN)104 5-5:50 pm
- Friday, Island Hall (IH) 160 2-2:50pm
- Show up prepared with your lecture notes, textbooks and most importantly- QUESTIONS! :)
- Make sure you plan to go to SI sessions weekly! It has been proven to help students increase their course grades by at least a letter grade!
AND... there is History tutoring available, too! CASA is providing free tutoring for HIST 1302! Sessions are Tuesdays (1pm-4pm) and Fridays (8am-9:50am) in CASA room 108B. -- Crystal Ballard is the new tutor. She is earning her M.A. in History and a colleague of mine. She is very skilled and knowledgeable!