Time to get prepared!
- Questions, comments, concerns?
- Let's take a few minutes and discuss Writing Project 1: Rhetorical Analysis
- With the history quiz looming... please allow me to share Some tips on how to prepare!
- Give this a try, see if it works for you as you prep for the quiz.
- Remember, you can always come by and chat with me to discuss your review prep or attend SI for guidance!
- Term of the day LCE!
- By the way, when we come together as a class and review key terms from lecture these class defintions are posted under the Exam Review Materials link on my main page.
- Terms Activity!
- If this exercise didn't convince you, perhaps these words of wisdom might. Feel free to skip ahead to 00:39. You might see a familiar face. ;)
Reminders and announcements:
- If you do not have copies of the textbooks for HIST 1301, Contending Voices or for English 1302 Naming What we Know both are available on Course Reserve at the library. You will need your Sandollar ID card to check out the books. Simply go to the main desk and give the title of the text or name of the class(Ex: HIST 1301, ENGL 1302) to the front desk attendant. You will be able to check the books out for up to three hours.
- History quiz THIS FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 15th in large lecture!
- The time has come for you to go and circulate to chat with the faculty! You visits continue TODAY and will go on til Friday, Sept 15th!
- Remember, your short reflection about your group visits with Wooster and Bray is due on Monday, Sept. 18th at the beginning of Seminar!
- History Reading Quiz #1 is scheduled for Wednesday, Sept. 20th and will cover material Chapter 2 of Contending Voices Bacon vs. Berkeley. This multiple choice quiz will be given at the BEGINNING OF Seminar class time. Be prepared! Come by office hours if you have specific questions about the reading!
- Don't forget about Supplemental Instruction! Here is the official schedule for the Fall semester: Fall 2017 SI Schedule
- Bring your 3 Blue Books to Seminar or to my office(FC 121) by Wednesday, Sept. 20th!
- DO NOT WRITE YOUR NAME ON THEM - I will have a checklist to keep track of who has turned them in.
- Turning them in will count as a lecture supplement assignment grade for History and Seminar.
- You can purchase them at the campus bookstore or the Islander bookstore(next to Stripes on Ennis Joslin)!