They all starved??!! What went down in Colonial Virginia?( Let's discuss!)
- Questions, comments, concerns?
- Finding the Historical Context in the Primary Source Document: Richard Frethorne Describes Indentured Servitude
- Today we will focus on the Frethorne's writing' AND Wooster's class lectures on the development of Colonial Virginia.
- So, what exactly should we all be getting out of the lecture and text, so far?
- Life in Colonial VA - Let's break it down together!
- 8 am class: Life in Colonial VA-245
- 9 am class: Life in Colonial VA-244
- 11 am class: Life in Colonial VA-247
- Break into groups of FOUR! Each group will be assigned a specific SECTION on the outline. Using your lecture notes on the "Virginia: Land of Profits" lecture, and your knowledge of the Frethorne document- your task is to fill it out the appropriate information that you think helps best explain how the events in Virginia played out. What key terms from your lecture notes your Exam I Study guide) could you mention/discuss in your specific section?
- Once you and your group have come to a consensus on your specific section, I need for you to fill in your assigned section with the appropriate details.
- Class discussion/ recap! Let's fill in the gaps- if there are any! :)
- If this kind of outline did not work for you, try this one instead: Exam I Essay 3 F18