Imperialism in many forms...
- First, let's practice some historical analysis!
- Each of you will be assigned an image regarding the Spanish American Cuban Philippines War.
- Take a look at the image. Then answer the following on a sheet of paper:
- What do you think IS happening in the image?
- What message is it conveying? What is the purpose? Put your interpretation in your own words.
- What does the image reveal to us about America and its relationship to some parts of the world in the 1890s? Perceptions of foreign cultures?
- Class Discussion:
- What do these images PROVE to us? What are they EVIDENCE of?
- How might the stories in the Angel Island text related to this idea of imperialism? (Or are they?!)