|Office Hours:||T: Noon-3; F: 9-11; and by appointment.|
|Mailing Address:||6300 Ocean Drive, UNIT 5812|
Corpus Christi, TX 78412-5812
As a first-year seminar professor, I attend the large dyad or triad lecture classes with my students, act as a teaching assistant and grader for the lecture class, and help my students to do the following:
1) Explore the interconnections among the dyad/triad courses;
2) Develop their critical thinking and information literacy skills;
3) Clarify their personal values and goals;
4) Develop their ability to learn through study, discussion, cooperation, and collaboration; and
5) Navigate the higher education landscape.
As such, I view the small-class setting of the seminar as a great place for thoughtful discussion and fostering a sense of community.
Spring 2019 Courses
Learning Community J: Political Science
|UCCP 1101.433||M,W 9-9:50AM||IH 157|
|UCCP 1101.430||M,W 10-10:50AM||IH 157|
|UCCP 1101.412||M,W Noon-12:50pm||CS 114|
|UCCP 1101.413||M,W 1:00-1:50pm||CS 114|
Independent Seminar: Ethical Reasoning
|UCCP 1102.009||T,R 11-11:50AM||CS 111|
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
- Robert Heinlein