QUIZ IN LARGE LECTURE CLASS AT 3:30!
Discussion of chapter 3 in Seminar class.
Guided reading questions for chapter three:
1. What was the purpose of Clara Lemlich's speech?
2. Approximately how many workers walked out across New York City? Was this more or less than expected?
3. How were the strikes used to incite "race warfare? (pp.60)"
4. What was Blanck and Harris' reaction to the strike?
5. Who was Alva Smith Vanderbilt Belmont?
6. Why was the uprising an "unprecedented coalition?"
The Readings: Von Drehle's Triangle prologue
Habits of Mind discussion.