Warm Up for Today's Lesson
-Write a response to the following in the Blackboard Discussion Forum: Warm Up 9/30
- What is the rhetorical context of the online exhibit?
- How does your source support your online exhibition?
-While you write you responses, I will take roll. We will discuss your responses after.
What Will We Be Doing Today?
- GN grades
- Example of an Annotated Bibliography.
- (One way you can review a source.)
- Discuss what we need to do for the source reviews.
- Begin drafting!
Source Review Assignment Description
What Information Should You Include?
- Summarize the article.
- What is the argument or purpose? What is the explicit or implicit argument or conclusion of the text?
- Does the source use any key words? If so, what are they?
- Evaluate the source. How does this help you with your Online Exhibit? How does this source help you create interview questions? Why is this source significant to your work?
- Do your sources support each other?
- Provide citations. You can format your review as an annotated bibliography by putting the full citation above the review. If you choose to format your review in a different manner, make sure to provide a Works Cited page.
- Write a total of 2 reviews, one-page each. Double-spaced, 12-point font, Times New Roman, 1-inch margins.
-In groups of four, discuss the source review requirements.
- Do you have any concerns about writing the source reviews?
-We will discuss as a class.
- I am giving you time to do this in class. Please take advantage of starting now. Use this time to ask questions as well.
- Continue your draft this weekend. Have an honest effort draft ready for workshops on Monday.
- Make sure you have both sources read this weekend. The source reviews are due on Wednesday, October 5th. Try to get as much work as you can done this weekend!